Wednesday 14 March 2012

Memory Lane


This is part of Strensall Common, one of the many areas of common land around the city of York. I used to live near here and this lane was a regular walk on my local birdwatching 'patch'. As I stood here this week and took this photo I could hear in the trees and fields all around me the song or call of Blue Tit, Great Tit, Longtailed Tit, Blackbird, Rook, Robin, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Dunnock, Collared Dove, Treecreeper, Song Thrush and a distant Green Woodpecker. I think spring is just around that corner at the top of this lane.

3 comments:

  1. I ban almost hear the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have to know your birds well to be able to decipher their songs and tell who sang what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear all those birds! Spring may be near but no leaves on the trees yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. All comments are read, and I will try to answer any blog related questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...